02/10/2014

Anger.

You may or may not know that for extra curricular classes at my Sixth Form I do creative writing. This week was our first week and what we were told to do was to describe an emotion as if it existed as an object or a person.

I decided to do it based on anger since it's an emotion I feel on a regular basis, and our work in class then inspired me to write a poem based on anger.

Just a word of warning: there is some mention of self harm so if you're uncomfortable or triggered by it then I would advise you not to read onwards.

It starts from the pit of your heart
and spreads to your finger tip and toes
Almost impossible to suppress this emotion
no matter how hard you try,
it always overflows.

I feel so strong yet
simultaneously
weak.
Power surges through me as I feel like I could 
Destroy anyone who comes in my way
but I feel so weak
I am not
powerful
enough to dissolve the anger
and it always results in
me hurting someone
mainly myself.

I hope one day comes
where I can stop this ever growing
tumour of anger
without my fists colliding with my skin
leaving an assortment of marks.

But I do not know
how many more bruises
how many more clusters of purples, blues and reds
will be plastered onto my flesh
before I can finally stop
harming myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respect The Planet Earth