13/06/2014

Done

I'm done.

Not only "ugh I'm done with life and people in it" done.
But "I have finished the second part of my education and I no longer have to see people who contributed to the fact I was very quiet and shy, and had confident issues in secondary school." done.

You see on this day, the 13th of June 2014, I finished secondary school. Which is quite a big moment in my life I guess. But it feels amazing. Knowing I've survived 5 years of being ignored by my peers, changing my group of friends practically monthly because I never felt welcomed.

Always alone.
Always ostracised.

The years you spend in secondary are your best. (Though this is due to your age not school)
And your worst.

I mean it was in these years that I went on a journey of self discovery. In these years I became a feminist. In these years I realised that I was bisexual. In these years I became a whole different person to who I was when I first started secondary.

However secondary school had no part in this- it was literally just me becoming more involved with activism online.

But at the same time these years were the ones where I felt lonely. Many people found me annoying, or just generally disliked me for reasons I do not know. Perhaps it's the fact that I talk a lot once I'm comfortable with you. Maybe it was because I tried to be funny but in reality I wasn't. Those things I will never know. But what I do know is that secondary school drained me. My energy and aspirations were dragged to the pits of hell and succumbed a fiery death, leaving me to grudge through secondary.

I made a post a few months back about the poison schools inject into our brains. My point still stands. But after 5 years of being told by teachers to "speak up more" yet they never wondered why I restricted myself to contribute, I can finally raise my hand. I will raise my hand up high, with my middle finger stretched to the best of its capabilities whilst the rest of my fingers hide away. And with that middle finger I will wave goodbye to school. For I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respect The Planet Earth