19/03/2014

Who am I?


Who am I?
What makes up me?
What is my identity?
Is it my name?
My age?
Or where I was born?
The bones I have broken?
Or the muscles I've torn?
Is it my family?
My friends?
Or maybe my enemies?
I don't know what makes me well me.
If people ask me
"Who are you?"
I don't know what to say
My name?
But that's not unique
others have it too, that's not me
My age?
Yeah because the amount of years
I've been alive is that special
My birth town?
Is it really that important?
For I could have lived somewhere else
for much longer
I don't know who I am
I don't know who I'm meant to be
I'm just an unknown girl
with an unknown identity
The answer is unclear
surrounded by mist
I think I can just about see it
To know who I am would be bliss
What?
Everything is me?
I don't understand.
Nothing about me is special
everything about me is not unique
But what if that's it?
What if all the aspects of me alone
are nothing
but together they define me
My curly hair which I refuse to straight
doesn't define my life
but it's part of my identity
My short figure which I can't seem to grow out of
doesn't define me as a whole
but it's included in my identity
I may listen to Fall Out Boy
every day
but many others do
that isn't my identity
It's everything else plastered with it.
The fact I'm a 15 year old girl with curly hair and glasses, with a small figure and a love for pizza, the fact I blog and write stories and enjoy poetry, the fact I love music, especially rock, the games I play, the friends I make, what I wear, the length of my nails, all these things may not define me alone.
But united- they are my identity.

-Minoo

2 comments:

  1. So deep! I love it Misha. ♥ I guess we all have to find all the little things put together to really create us. Such a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete

Respect The Planet Earth