24/10/2015

How to be productive/motivated

Like the school tips these will be catered towards myself mostly because despite my amazing memory one key thing I forget is how to look after myself and keep myself motivated to do work. Despite that I'm pretty sure some of these tips will also be helpful to anyone out there who has no idea how to get the energy to start working. 

1) Get out of bed. It sounds so easy but honestly it's incredibly hard. Especially when you're like me and both your laptop and your phone are at reach from your bed because you'll never get out of it then. Even if you get out of bed at 4pm it's better than nothing and it will stop you from having an entire lazy day.
DO NOT BE LURED!!

2) Shower regularly. Again this may sound slightly weird but it's really easy to fall out of the habit of looking after yourself and your hygiene. But even if it's a quick wash it'll help to wake you up. Though make sure your showers aren't too warm as they tend to make people (and by people I mean myself) super sleepy which defeats the aim of the process. Warm showers are great in the evening when you need help winding down but if you need that spur of energy a cold shower would be optimal. 

3) Open your curtains BEFORE you turn on the lights. I mean have a well lit room in general but natural light is always so much better. Not only will you save on electricity but it's just so much more calming? I'm not sure how to word it but basically it's better than just using the lights in your room. Also if you're braver than I am you can open the windows too to let in fresh air. I'm terrified of bugs so I never do but even if its for an hour or so fresh air will do you a ton of good. (Also that way you don't have to leave your house so win/win for us introverts)

4) Drink water/eat fruit. I'm currently doing both as I write this blog post. So much productiveness. But seriously every time you go downstairs for a snack just open your fridge and grab an apple or an orange rather than opting for nutella. Also hydration is a really important thing so always having a water bottle with you or having a cup of water every couple of hours or so is great. If you struggle with remembering stuff like this I'd say go for the water bottle because you'll see it all the time which would be a helpful reminder. Or if you're like me and you find yourself searching for something to eat every 5.2 minutes just grabbing a glass of water every time you're in the kitchen is fine.

Look at how great that looks


5) Have a clean room or at the very least a clean workspace. I'm sure you've heard the phrase 'tidy room, tidy mind' countless times but it's honestly so true. Now before you start with your 'but it's organised mess' or 'I have a system!' I thought I was like that too until I started realising this 'organised mess' did nothing to help me and just shortened the amount of time I could actually study because I could never find what I needed. Although having a tidy room is the best option if you really don't have the time or energy at least clean up your workspace. For example when I sit at my desk, I can't see the rest of the room since my desk is in a corner. That way even if the room behind me is slightly cluttered when I'm studying I don't notice it.

Literally so many 'tidy desk tidy mind' pictures came up
as I tried to find a picture like this

6) Organise your stuff together. That's a really bad starting sentence, let me elaborate. Basically what I'm trying to say is keep all related stuff together, so for example have your books for studying in one place and all your books which are just for leisure in another. That way when you need a certain book you know exactly where to look and you won't get distracted by 'The Hunger Games' trilogy when you really should be finding your biology textbook. This tip also isn't limited to books and studying stuff. For example I recently started a journal so I keep my journal and all the things I usually use with it (so a pen, pencil, coloured pens, ruler etc) all in one place so every time I want to make a journal entry I have everything at hand and I'm not trying to frantically find everything.

I hope these tips helped you getting out of the whole 'I don't know how to get motivated' slump. I'm really enjoying these little posts I make giving people tips so if you have any ideas on other stuff I should give tips on just comment it below.

Until next time-
Minoo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respect The Planet Earth