27/03/2014

The show must go on


LIGHTS
CAMERA
ACT-

Wait, I can't do this..all these people staring at me it's scary.

See no one really sees the downsides of acting- especially in plays. To be honest actors and actresses who perform films have it easy in some ways- if they fuck up it's okay there's another take. If something happens to a performer they can postpone (I mean Sherlock got away with postponing for nearly 3 years). There are such little complications.

Acting on a stage on the other hand- scary as fuck. All the eyes glare at you- waiting for your next line. But it feels like you're prey and they're waiting for you to crack under pressure. The eyes, the empty eyes. Acting isn't easy.

Now I have a performance in May. May 23rd. For my GCSE drama. And the way things are going. We're fucked. One member got put on early study leave (basically excluded) and she was a main character whilst two haven't finished their written work so can't act until they do and the other member who's left. Pain in the fucking arse. To make things worse I have to have a mental breakdown on stage.

Now I'm no stranger to crying and screaming and wanting to just die and leave this pathetic world. I have had plenty of depressing days which sadly can account for that. But pretending is much worse. What if I mess up? What if it's obvious I'm acting? What if it's nothing like a mental breakdown and I end up offending someone?

Acting is scary. Seriously.

-Minoo

2 comments:

  1. Woah, that sounds scary. I hope your performance goes well! Is there anyone else who's going to be that girl's understudy?
    And I might not have seen you act in person, but I know that you'll do fine! In fact, you'll be the star of the show! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D and we're trying to work that out at the moment, everyone else is busy in their own groups so I think we're going to change the script to be able to keep the play the same but not need the girl.
      And thanks again I'm blushing :3

      Delete

Respect The Planet Earth